Sunday, April 21, 2013

Contacting the kindhearted people who help children for a better future

This week was a busy week due to the fact that I had to contact organizations to ask them questions about what they do to help. The first days were difficult since they didn't seem to answer,the answering machine always told our group to leave a message, or they transferred our call like a few times and ended up getting no answer. At first I thought they just didn't want to talk since we're high school kids and they think, " oh!, what can they know?" I was wrong though, after I kept insisting with the calls and getting no answer for two more days, they finally answered! All the organizations I called were helpful, they gave me a lot of information and the ones that answered my questions seemed to be cheerful and from what I noticed, they really love working there.

The most helpful organization was probably SAY San Diego, the employee I spoke with (I did not get to remember her name...) was really nice to us. She seemed impressed that we were high school students and already doing these kinds of things to help at such a young age. She answered all the questions and always kept a positive attitude towards my friend and I (she is in another group that is also focusing on children and youth services).


I wish I could volunteer there but you must be 18 years old or older to be able to volunteer since you have to work with kids who are underage. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait one more year until I'm able to.





I apologize for writing a lot of stuff on my blogs, I tend to write a lot of details so I'll try to keep my next blogs short and to the point.
 내 사과를 받아주세요 (hopefully I wrote this correctly ..or it will be very awkward)

안녕히가세요 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment