Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Journey Begins...HERE! (⌒▽⌒)

Main Street philanthropy...

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013, someone walked into our Business Management and Ownership class. He introduced himself as Ryan Ponsford. He announced that we were about start a project that we would work on once a week for a few weeks. As he talked about Main Street Philanthropy I became more interested in knowing more about it and take part of this opportunity. Since I am a person who likes helping others and sometimes even before I help myself, I knew this would be a great thing to do and it would change someone's life.

He said something like " would you rather keep $25.00 or donate $250.00?" which made everyone most people go "WHOA! That's Awesome!"

In a later activity with a set of 20 cards called the M.A.D cards. We had to choose 10 cards out of the 20 which all contained different topics like arts, culture, Children and Youth services, etc. After choosing 10, we had to narrow the choices down to 6 and then to three which became harder to do each time. In the end I picked my top three choices which were:

1. Children and Youth Services.
2. Animal Care
3. Disaster Relief

I have a special reason why I chose these three topics and I'll share on my next blogs.. who knows.

I'm excited to see what new things we learn this week on Thursday March 14.

See you all and consider helping others. (^~^)

No comments:

Post a Comment